kiwintaiwan

Friday, January 25, 2008






Guess what happened to us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Monday I got a call from my babysitter who was hysterical telling me that Jesse (my youngest) had stopped breathing. By the time I got home she said he was fine , but he was really limp in her arms. I rushed him to the hospital and the doctor said it was impossible to stop breathing for that long and that he thought he might have had a seizure. As we were going through tests and things Jesse had a seizure so we were rushed to the main hospital in town. He had two more seizures that night and later after a spinal tap and brain cat scan they confirmed that he is epileptic. Hopefully he will grow out of it in a few years but is now on medicine twice daily for at least two years. Apparently it is common for young children to get for no reason and then also grow out of. Jesse was released from Hospital on Thursday last week and when I got home with him I saw Josh..... He had been complaining of a tummy ache for the week while I was in hospital and everyone assumed he was emotional with me and Steve (who was in NZ) away. He looked terrible so I rushed him to hospital where the doctors admitted him saying he thought it was a severe virus going around school children .... the next day Josh had many tests and finally a cat scan to check for apendicitis. Turned out his appendix had ruptured three days before and was causing severe infection everywhere. So we were rushed again to the largest hospital (different from Jesse) where he had an emergency operation. He is doing well now but has a really nasty scar and is still in hospital. Sammy turned 5 on Wednesday which we celebrated in a small way in the hospital with all the kids together. She is sitting in the wheelchair as there wasnt much space in the room.
Life will never seem stressfull again!!

5 Comments:

  • Hi Rhonda. I'm so glad your boys are doing ok! What a long week for you! We will pray they recover quickly and are back to health quickly.
    Andrea T.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:58 AM  

  • Oh-my gosh Rhonda!! Can't imagine how much stress you must have been under this week! I hope Josh will recover from his surgery soon and that Jesse will grow out of the epilepsy

    Best Wishes!

    Jackie

    By Blogger J+Di Di, at 2:51 AM  

  • So scary!!! I can't believe all that's happened. I hope that he grows out of it!!

    By Blogger Ann, at 8:44 AM  

  • Rhonda,
    How scary! things with kids are so hard to determine when they are serious or not. Praying all get better soon and you can have peace and rest.
    Deana--in Taitung

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:58 PM  

  • I hope all is well with you and your family now. Sorry I've been away so long. We, too, now have 4 and it's quite hectic.

    Jan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home